In our latest Android ETPOS update we introduced POS integration, new payment methods, and Multi Merchant, plus we made refunds faster, MOTO slicker, settlement reports emailable, and much much more.
- POS Integration
- Alternative Payment Methods
- Verifone Central
- Contactless surcharging
- Faster refunds
- Smoother MOTO payments
- Emailable settlement reports
- Updated e-receipt disclaimer
- Read the full release notes on our Help Centre
Support for POS Integration🖥️
We are thrilled to announce the launch of Point of Sale (POS) Integration on Android EFTPOS. All of our existing POS integrations are now compatible with Android EFTPOS and we're launching new devices that pair perfectly with a POS-integrated setup. Learn more about POS Integration on Android EFTPOS here.
Alternative payment methods (APMs) are now available on Android™ EFTPOS📱
Alipay on Android EFTPOS
- Tap into the domestic Chinese market by accepting popular Chinese digital wallets Alipay and WeChat Pay. Get ready for international travellers when arrivals from China ramp up.
- Centrapay is developing the next generation of low-cost, secure, digital in-store payments. Starting with a range of digital gift cards and digital tokens, and soon digital debit (EFTPOS 2.0) and cryptocurrencies. Looking ahead your payment solution will be ready for the new central bank digital currency.
- Easy upgrade with a remote download to your terminal
- Dynamic QR codes and prompts are displayed on your terminal - simple for you and your customers
- Opportunity to market your store to wallet holders
- Learn more about how to process APM transactions in our Help Centre
- Ask us about signing up for APMs. Contact us here.
Verifone Central is a cloud-based online portal where you can find all your instore and online transactions processed on the Verifone Network in one place. Build custom transaction lists for super easy reconciliation and reporting. Verifone Central has integrated optional add-on payment tools to help you get paid faster.
- Use filters to drill down to a particular day, store, EFTPOS terminal or transaction to get exactly the detail you need.
- Once you get your transaction list just right, you can save time with the Report Scheduler tool and schedule your transaction list to be emailed to you, and anyone else that needs it, at regular intervals
- Verifone Central is cloud-based which means you can check in on your transaction data from any device, anytime, anywhere.
- There’s no software to install, upgrades are free, and your data is backed up and kept secure by Verifone’s world-class security
- Accept card-not-present payments effortlessly with just a web browser using Virtual Terminal
- Use Pay by Link to generate an online payment page in minutes and then share the unique link via SMS, Live Chat, Email, on invoices, or any other channel you engage with your customers
Ever have an incredible sales month, only to have your monthly Merchant Service Fees skyrocket? These are fees, usually charged by your bank, for accepting credit cards and contactless 'paywave' transactions. To help offset these fees, you can pass the cost onto the customer which means you don't have to raise your prices to absorb the overhead of accepting a wider range of payment options.
- With surcharging enabled your terminal automatically detects when a transaction will incur merchant fees and applies a surcharge
- Android EFTPOS terminals can even apply a surcharge to contactless 'paywave' transactions
- Coming soon: We're removing the 'Confirm surcharge' prompt for contactless transactions to improve the transaction flow
Multi Merchant now available on Android™ EFTPOS👫
Multi Merchant allows two or more independent merchants to share the same EFTPOS terminal. Multi Merchant on Android only works for merchants who have settlement bank accounts with the same bank for now but we're working on allowing for a multi-acquirer setup in an upcoming release.
- Split the cost of a single EFTPOS terminal, but get paid into separate settlement accounts
- Declutter your counter – no need to have multiple payment devices
- Perfect for doctors' offices, hair stylists, and sole traders sharing the same office space
- Learn more about how to process multi merchant transactions in our Help Centre
- Ask us about signing up for multi merchant. Contact us here.
We've removed manual (MOTO) refunds from the Refund menu which makes processing an in-person refund faster.
To process a manual refund tap the hamburger menu on the Refund present card screen and then tap Manual Card Entry.
- A more consistent transaction flow
- One less screen tap for in-person refunds
- Learn more about how to process refunds in our Help Centre
MOTO option from present card screen☎️
Calling all MOTO merchants! You can now start a manual card entry transaction by tapping the hamburger menu on the present card screen.
- A more consistent transaction flow
- Learn more about how to process MOTO transactions in our Help Centre
Email settlement reports✉️
We've added an email button to all settlement reports so you can email reports directly from your terminal instead of using up receipt paper by printing them. Your report will be emailed as a PDF attachment.
- Learn more about settlement and reporting in our Help Centre
Email receipt disclaimer update📣
We've updated the disclaimer on the email receipt screen to make it clear we're not storing your customer's data.
- Learn more about e-receipts in our Help Centre
The development, release, and timing of any products, features, or functionality remains at the sole discretion of Eftpos New Zealand and is subject to change.