In our latest Android ETPOS update we're rolling out enhancements for multi-merchant, surcharging and MOTO along with a host of other updates and features to make taking payment a breeze.
- Multi-merchant merchants can now have different banks
- Override surcharging for MOTO transactions
- You can now passcode-protect Manual/MOTO transactions
- Customer surcharge prompt is now optional for contactless transactions
- Changes to transaction history
- It's now easier to send emails
- Transaction screens are easier to read
- Navigator icon is larger
- Signature capture is now more intuitive
- We've made some enhancements to Offline Mode
- Read the full release notes on our Help Centre
Multi-merchant merchants can now have different banks👫
Multi-merchant is now available for merchants who have settlement bank accounts with different banks.
Override surcharging for MOTO transactions🎢
This optional feature is a lifesaver for businesses that use 3rd-party booking websites like booking.com. When enabled, a prompt appears before you process a MOTO/Manual transaction to confirm whether a surcharge should be applied to the transaction.
- Learn more about MOTO Surcharge Override in our Help Centre
You can now passcode-protect Manual/MOTO transactions🔑
You can now passcode-protect Manual Card Entry transactions on your terminal as an additional security measure.
- Learn more about Passcode access in our Help Centre
Customer surcharge prompt is now optional for contactless transactions⚡
We've had some customer feedback that cardholders don't always wait to confirm the surcharge after tapping their card to pay. Now you can disable the Confirm Surcharge screen for contactless transactions.
- Learn more about contactless surcharging in our Help Centre
Call our Technical Helpdesk to get the prompt disabled (0800 338 767, option 2)
Changes to transaction history💻
We've reduced the Transaction History retention period from 183 days to 90 days. If you need to look up transactions from over 3 months ago, you can use Verifone Central
Verifone Central is our Merchant Portal. Build and download detailed transaction lists for reporting and reconciliation. Drill down to a particular day, store, EFTPOS terminal or transaction to get exactly the detail you need. Save time with recurring transaction reports delivered straight to your inbox.
- Learn more and sign up for Verifone Central here (it's free!)
It's now easier to send emails✉️
We've made some improvements to the virtual keyboard on your terminal to make it easier to enter email addresses when you're sending receipts or reports via email.
- Learn more about e-receipting in our Help Centre
- Learn more about reporting on your terminal in our Help Centre
Transaction screens are easier to read🔎
We've improved the 'Keep Card Inserted' & 'Please Remove Card' screens with bigger text and terminal animations.
Navigator icon is larger👁️
We've made the Navigator icon on the present card screen larger. Navigator is our blind, deafblind, low-vision and vision-impaired accessibility solution for touchscreen Android devices.
Signature capture is now more intuitive🖋️
We've changed up the transaction flow for transactions where a signature is required. The Approved screen is now displayed after the signature is verified instead of before.
- Learn about signature capture in our Help Centre
- Your terminal prompts for signature while it is in Offline Mode
We've made some enhancements to Offline Mode📶
Learn about Offline Mode in our Help Centre
The development, release, and timing of any products, features, or functionality remains at the sole discretion of Eftpos New Zealand and is subject to change.