First and foremost, our thoughts are with the people and communities impacted by COVID-19. The wellbeing and safety of our employees, customers and partners is our top focus at this time.
We are in a strong position to weather these difficult times and continue providing our high standard of service and support to your business. We are closely monitoring the situation, preparing for potential scenarios and reacting rapidly to the evolving conditions and new information as it comes in.
Here is a summary of some of the steps we have taken:
- We are following guidance from regulatory agencies, including the Ministry of Health and WHO.
- We have provided advice on how to properly clean payment devices to help prevent the spread of illness.
- We have enacted travel restrictions, work-from-home policies as necessary, and established other policies and procedures with the purpose of keeping our employees safe and reducing the spread of illness. We have also emphasised that our employees should not come into our facilities if they show any signs of sickness or believe they have been potentially exposed.
- Providing payment services to our customers is obviously paramount. Our support teams have updated and preemptively tested business continuity plans and procedures that were previously in place. We will continue business activities 24/7 in the event of office shutdowns or other unplanned limitations.
- We are maintaining robust cloud-based productivity tools to help ensure that our employees remain accessible to our customers and partners even if our facilities are not accessible.
- We are implementing enhanced sanitisation measures at our facilities, including at our repair centers. We are also providing our employees with training on steps that they can take to keep themselves safe.
If you have any questions
Eftpos NZ Customer Service
Available 8am-5pm, monday-friday.
- Call 0800 EFTPOS (0800 338 767, option 4)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a contact form.
Eftpos NZ Technical Support
- Call 0800 EFTPOS (0800 338 767, option 2)
- Submit a support form (for non-urgent support requests)
COVID-19 Resources for businesses
General Health Advice
For information about the impact of COVID-19 on health, travel, education and business and community issues visit the New Zealand Government website.
The Ministry of Health has established a dedicated 0800 Healthline number for health advice and information. Call
0800 358 5453 – it is free and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Additional up-to-date information is also available from the World Health Organization (WHO):
Advice for employers
Worksafe have prepared some advice on workplace readiness for COVID-19. Read more here.
IRD - Tax relief
Tax relief and income assistance is available to people affected by the downturn in business due to the impacts of COVID-19. The IRD have a range of ways they can help depending on your circumstances. If you have a tax agent, they should also be able to help. Learn more here.