Regularly cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces in your business is one of the key public health guidelines businesses need to meet in order to operate at all Alert Levels.
However, if you or your staff damage an EFTPOS terminal by cleaning it incorrectly, you'll be left without an EFTPOS terminal while you wait for a replacement, and you are also liable for the full cost of repair.
How to properly clean your EFTPOS terminal
EFTPOS terminals should only be gently cleaned with water. It’s important that you do not use solvents, detergents, or abrasive cleaners to clean your terminal.
Cleaning & Sanitising:
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug it from power source.
- Clean it following the instructions below.
- Once completely dry, reconnect it to power and power up.
EFTPOS terminals should only be gently cleaned to remove dirt, residue or debris using a lightly water-dampened, clean microfiber cloth. One or two drops of pH-neutral, non-scrubbing soap may be used. Do not use solvents, harsh detergents, or abrasive cleaners.
After cleaning, the devices may be sanitized using an alcohol-based wipe or appropriate alcohol-based cleaner (approx. 70-90% strength isopropyl alcohol) applied to a microfiber cloth. Apply gently; do not scrub. Isopropyl alcohol applied to a clean microfiber cloth may be used on touch panel displays but never press hard on displays. You can purchase isopropyl alcohol wipes from our online EFTPOS shop, here.
- NEVER SPRAY, COAT OR POUR ANY LIQUID, SANITIZER, OR DISINFECTANT DIRECTLY ONTO THE DEVICE.
- Never use bleach, hydrogen peroxide, thinner, trichloroethylene, or ketone-based solvents – they can deteriorate plastic and rubber.
- Refrain from vigorously scrubbing and shaking the terminal(s) to prevent triggering a tamper alert.
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD): Refrain from vigorously rubbing with a dry towel, or similar actions, which can cause ESD and trigger a tamper alert.
Accepting contactless payments
Offering contactless payment acceptance on your device will reduce the risk of transmission of the virus via your device’s PIN pad and will provide your customers with much greater comfort when paying.
To get contactless payments enabled, talk to your merchant bank.
If you’re exploring adapting your business in response to COVID-19, we can help. Our team of EFTPOS experts are working remotely and are available to discuss your payment needs:
Our 24/7 technical helpdesk and customer services team are also working remotely. Here’s how to contact them:
Eftpos NZ Technical Support is available 24/7:
• Call 0800 EFTPOS (0800 338 767, option 2)
• Submit a support form.
Eftpos NZ Customer Service is available 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday:
- Call 0800 EFTPOS (0800 338 767, option 4).
- Email email@example.com.
- Submit a contact form.
COVID-19 Resources for businesses
• Eftpos NZ COVID-19 Info Hub: Get the latest updates, information and advice from us.
• MBIE guide to workplace operations at COVID-19 alert levels.
• Government information for employers, employees and essential businesses and services.
• Advice and resources for hospitality businesses
• Advice and resources for retailers
Editors note: blog content updated on May 8, 2020